How to Run A Great Workshop
The Complete Guide to Designing and Running Brilliant Workshops and MeetingsBook - 2006
You've been asked to run a training session, workshop or meeting. What you need now is a foolproof way of making it both memorable and enjoyable to run - and to know that what you are doing will achieve the desired outcome and have lasting positive effects on your team.
Anyone who has ever endured 'death by powerpoint' or a dry 'chalk and talk' session knows how not to do it, but how do you make sure that you get it right?
This interactive guide is designed especially for busy managers - people whose main role is not training - and will take you through a simple step-by-step process that results in stimulating, fun and effective workshops and presentations.
Just some of the many scenarios the book will help you tackle include:
· How to put together training session from scratch when you have 'blank page, blank face' syndrome - here's the step-by-step solution
· You've done some training but you aren't getting the desired results from your sessions - here's what do to about it
· You haven't time to write 80 sexy PowerPoint slides for a session you are running - here's what to do instead that will be even more effective and take half the time
· You're dreading the experience of being 'up the front' - here's how to shift the onus from you to your participants
· How to be remembered for the right reasons! - Here's how to ensure that happens
This is a book that 'walks the talk'- it presents what you need to know in an engaging, interesting, effective and quick way - exactly how you will be presenting in your meetings and worshops when you have finished reading it.